Monday, May 30, 2005

What's kosher?


This is kosher: a hot dog with grilled onions at Sox park.Posted by Hello
This is not kosher: telling relatives that Kati and Kelley are getting married before they have the chance to spill the beans.

I called my sister at the start of the long weekend to RSVP to my soon-to-be sister-in-law's bridal shower. It has a body part theme. I volunteered to buy a present for her skin as ears and hands were already taken. But that's not the point. The point is -- Becky already knew about our Big Fat Gay Wedding (or Intimate Chubby Lesbian Wedding as the case may be).

Now, when it comes to Becky, this is not a big deal. She's down with just about anything. But this worries me when it comes to other relatives. The message is in the massage.

For example, when it comes to my dad, I will probably highlight that he is the only person in our family to actually have attended a gay wedding and thus he is the groundbreaker. It should be old hat for him to attend our ceremony.

Seeing that the ceremony is more than a year away, I haven't approached him yet. But now I don't know if he knows or if he thinks I want him to be the last to know. And this is because my brother spilled the beans. I just don't know how far they've spread.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home