Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Monster-in-law

Last Mother's Day weekend, we dropped the bomb in Normal about the ceremony. This Mother's Day weekend, we have no such plans.

Kelley is heading home to Elmira, the land where her parents know nothing about the ceremony and rarely utter my name. I am vacationing with Judy in lovely (cough) Peoria with my mother.

We may be going our separate ways, but Kelley scored some big points with my mom last night. In full-on wedding mode, we actually sat through an entire viewing of "Monster-in-law" starring Jane Fonda and Jennifer Lopez. When Kelley wasn't laughing or helping herself to another glass of wine, she kept going on and on about how my mom looks like Jane Fonda. Such a well-kept older lady. She even left my madre a voicemail all about it.

Now, if I could get her to leave me a voicemail going on and on about how I look like Keri Russell, we'd be even. She is such a Felicity fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home