Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Picture perfect

If we were smart girls, we would have had our engagement photo taken over the summer or fall when it was still warm outside and before we started putting on our winter pudge. Now, come three weeks before Christmas, when my dad says he wants a family picture of us as his gift, we're rushing to find the time, the place and the right motif.

You may remember my putting the kabash on Kelley, Judy and me wearing matching turtlenecks. Well, I've come up with a much better idea. I think we should all stand in the tub in towels and shower caps and mock surprise at the camera. Kelley and Judy are not game, so we can't do it. Somehow giving my dad a photo of just me in the shower doesn't sound like such a good idea.

So we moved on to shooting something at the park. In the single digit temperatures. Without coats. It could be pretty. It could infect us with pneumonia.

How about something sweet in front of the Christmas tree and the DVD of the burning Yule log, you ask? A little too Sears-portrait for my taste.

We haven't settled on anything yet. I suggested we just forget being creative and ditch the dog, wear jeans and white blouses and just smile nice in front of a plan backdrop. Kelley is still committed to thinking of something original. More picture power to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home