Friday, September 23, 2005

Antsy pansy

We leave Thursday for Cape Cod to meet with our wedding planning, reserve the ceremony site, find a caterer, etc. But already, the meeting is consuming most of my mind. This is a bad sign, considering the Big Date is more than 10 months off. I hope this condition doesn't worsen.

To use some of this nervous energy, I am going to consult my gay and lesbian wedding guide to see what I'm supposed to be doing at this time.

1. Decide what traditional wedding customs you'd like to include or exclude -- cake, vows, first dances, etc. If you are wearing a gown, start shopping now.
2. Compile a list of vendors -- caterers, florists, photographers -- compare prices and narrow down your search.
3. Make sure everyone knows you're gay.

Hmm. Looks like big stuff and bigger stuff.

It seems I am on the right track. My to-do list today includes compiling our Internet research on food and flowers so we can present them to the wedding planner dude. I also plan to create some sort of budget database so we can track our spending.

As for the gay thing, I think we're in the clear. It's just breaking the ceremony news that we've been lax about. I don't think Kelley is going to tell her brood (Allison excluded) until the last moment to prevent anyone from "raining on our parade." The only person left on my end is my dad, and he will be fine. He'll probably be more worried that I am going to ask him for money. (Not yet dad, but maybe for the artificial insemination. Just kidding!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home