Friday, October 07, 2005

Myself in paper

Choosing wedding invitations is weird.

I am looking for the piece of paper and font and icon that best represent everything about a day, myself, my relationship.

The invite is not just an invite -- it must evoke the right time of year, set the mood, match the garden, convey our style, be playful but serious.

It must be all things to me and to Kelley. It must express all those things to everyone I know. And it must be cool enough to make it on to their fridges instead of tucked into mail holders.

Can a piece of paper really do that? Why do I expect it to?

Argh.

I thought I would circumvent this whole quandary by ordering save-the-date cards that matched a love note I once sent Kelley. But I found that the design now comes with "Congratulations" on the inside. Somehow, congratulating people for being invited didn't seem right. So, we are off to Paper Doll (www.paperdollchicago.com) this weekend to find the right stationery. Perhaps Maude, the house pug, will be of assistance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home